Research topics of the business unit Space are:
- particle impact risk assessments of spacecraft and the development of protective measures,
- safety, reliability and resilience of space systems (including system verification),
- impact processes on planetary surfaces,
- development of simulation methods for the design and testing of spacecraft,
- development of scientific instruments and data processing units for satellites,
- research and development of new manufacturing processes with metallic 3D printing and
- development of system demonstrators based on nanosatellite platforms.
We support your risk analyses and impact risk assessments. We check and qualify your spacecraft components. We provide advice for the realization of your nanosatellites-based missions and support your development of powerful, compact and reliable payload and bus architectures for nanosatellites.